The Australia PR visa is a visa category that confers the privilege to reside, work, and study in Australia permanently. This is an immigration channel that enables skilled professionals, entrepreneurs, investors, and relatives of Australian citizens or PR holders to immigrate to Australia and acquire PR status. Once granted the Australia PR visa, individuals can reside indefinitely in the country, and they are also entitled to a five-year travel permit, allowing them to travel in and out of Australia as often as they wish until the permit's expiration. PR visa holders are entitled to a range of citizenship rights and benefits, including access to subsidized or free medical and legal services, but they do not have the right to vote in state, federal, or territory elections unless they were registered before 1984. Following a specified waiting period, PR visa holders are eligible for Australian citizenship, which involves passing a citizenship test and completing other formalities that may take three to twelve months.
This visa is for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, state, or territory government. To be eligible, you must meet the points test and have an occupation listed on the skilled occupation list. These skills are then assessed by authorities to check if the standards are being met according to the criteria for the visa. You also have to be invited to apply for this visa. The processing time for 90% of the applications is 5 months. source:
This visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory government. To be eligible, you must meet the points test, have an occupation listed on the skilled occupation list, and be nominated by a state or territory government. The processing time for this visa is up to 14 months.
This visa requires you to have an Australian employer make the nomination, your profession must appear on the pertinent list of qualified occupation and you must speak English proficiently. The processing time for 90% of the applications is 13 months.
There are many advantages of holding a Permanent Residency (PR) visa for Australia. Some of the main
1. Work and live in Australia permanently: With a PR visa, you can live and work in Australia indefinitely, as long as you meet the visa conditions.
2. Study in Australia: You can enroll in any course or degree program in Australia as a domestic student, which means you pay lower tuition fees than international students.
3. Access to social security benefits: You are eligible for social security benefits such as Medicare, which provides health care services, and Centrelink, which provides financial assistance to eligible individuals.
4. Sponsor eligible family members: You can sponsor your eligible family members, such as your spouse, children, or parents, for permanent residency in Australia.
5. Travel in and out of Australia freely: You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want, without the need for a visa or entry permit.
6. Citizenship eligibility: After meeting certain residency requirements, you may be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship.
7. Better job opportunities: Having a PR visa can improve your chances of getting a job in Australia, as you are considered a more attractive candidate than a temporary visa holder.
8. Higher education and business opportunities: With a PR visa, you can access higher education and business opportunities in Australia, such as starting your own business or investing in the country.
Overall, holding a PR visa for Australia can provide a stable and secure future for you and your family, with access to many benefits and opportunities that are not available to temporary visa holders.
The key requirements for Pakistanis applying for an Australia PR visa include:
1. Being under 45 years of age.
2. Proficiency in English.
3. Having a recognized educational qualification.
4. Having at least three years of relevant work experience.
5. Meeting the health and character requirements.
6. Scoring at least 65 points on the points test.
7. Nominating an occupation on the Skilled Occupations List or Consolidated Skilled Occupations List.
8. Undergoing a skills assessment.
9. Possibly obtaining state nomination.
10. A good moral character and be physically and mentally fit to live and work in Australia.
Pakistani citizens who want to visit Australia for tourism purposes can apply for an Australia Tourist Visa subclass 600this can be done through the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs website. The online application process is hassle-free and allows applicants to submit their application and required documents electronically, pay the visa fee online, and check the status of their application online. However, applicants will need to provide their biometrics in-person at an Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) in Pakistan as part of the visa application process. It's important to note that the requirements and procedures for an Australia Tourist Visa can change over time, and it's recommended to check the latest information before applying.
1. A genuine passport that is still valid for at least six months after the intended departure
date. If necessary, previous passports must be presented as well. A notarized photocopy of
each passport page is required.
2. Completely filled out and signed application for a visa.
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs of the applicant with white background, matte finish, 35X45 mm size.
4. A cover letter with the applicant's name, contact information, travel dates, expected stay length, etc. It must be printed on the company's letterhead and include a detailed itinerary as well as the contact details for both business organizations
5. Proof of the company's certificate of registration.
6. If employed, a copy of the latest six months' worth of pay stubs.
7. A copy of Form 16 from the last three years' income taxes.
8. A letter of invitation or request from the Australian business.
9. A duplicate of the conference or event registration information.
Pakistani citizens who want to visit their family or friends in Australia can apply for an Australia Visitor Visa (subclass 600). This visa allows the applicant to visit Australia for a short period of time for personal reasons, such as visiting family or friends, attending a wedding, or going on a holiday. The processing time for this visa is between 10 -15 days or may increase up to 4-8 weeks.