Work visa for qualified professionals

Holding a University Degree (NO EU Blue Card)

Seeking employment in Germany as a qualified professional and requiring a visa to do so? Here's what you need to know and fulfill: If you've attained vocational training or completed studies abroad, you can apply for a residence permit according to Sections 18a or 18b of the Residence Act to engage in skilled employment in Germany. To determine if you require a visa for entry, refer to the "Do I need a visa?" section. The prerequisites for obtaining a work visa include:

  • Your qualifications must either be recognized in Germany or deemed equivalent to a German degree. For professions under regulation, such as healthcare, licensure is mandatory. Refer to the "Recognition" section for recognition procedure details.
  • You must possess a specific job offer from a German employer. It's crucial that the offered position is of a qualified nature, typically necessitating a degree or specialized vocational training. Auxiliary responsibilities won't suffice.
  • While your job need not directly align with your professional qualifications, regulated professions demand licensure.
  • If you're above 45 and venturing to work in Germany for the first time, your prospective job must yield an annual gross salary of at least €49,830 (as of 2024), or you must demonstrate adequate pension provisions.

Do you hold a recognized degree? Explore eligibility for an EU Blue Card, offering appealing benefits for qualified professionals.

If you meet the stipulated requirements, acquaint yourself with the entry and visa procedures. As a standard procedure, the Federal Employment Agency (BA) must greenlight your employment. This involves assessing if your employment terms (salary, working hours, etc.) align with domestic standards.

A work visa facilitates residence for qualified employment for a maximum of four years. For contracts shorter than this duration, the permit is issued for the contract term plus an additional three months.

After holding a work-related residence permit for at least three years, you may qualify for a settlement permit, akin to permanent residency. Refer to the "Living permanently in Germany" section for details.

For those intending to relocate with their families, this permit accommodates family reunification. Explore requirements and considerations in the "Family reunification" section.

Lahore Office

Main Boulevard Gulberg, Main Market, Lahore, Punjab 54000

Faisalabad Office

Burhan Center, 97-99, Gulistan Market Railway Road, Faislabad, Pakistan

UK Office

Associate Office (London)

Free Online Visa Form

Useful Links

IELTS Score for Canadian Immigration
Documents Needed for Canada PR Application
Assessment Form
Strategies for Securing a Job Offer in Canada
Canadian PR Visa from Pakistan

Canadian Immigration

Canadian Express Entry System
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
Spousal Visa to Canada
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
Sponsorship Program for Families
Business Visa to Canada
Latest Express Entry Draw
Latest BC PNP Draw

Canadian in-Demand Occupation List

In-Demand Occupation List
In-Demand Occupations in Alberta
In-Demand Occupations in Manitoba
In-Demand Occupations in Nova Scotia
In-Demand Occupations in Ontario
In-Demand Occupations in SINP
In-Demand Occupations in Quebec

Australia Immigration

List of Skilled Occupations in Australia
Employer Nomination Subclass 186
Skilled Nominated Subclass 190
Australia Subclass 491
Australia Eligibility Form